[Debian-med-packaging] visionegg (Was: Psignifit3 in tasklist)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Apr 18 06:42:04 UTC 2013

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your other catches in missing to specify the binary package.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 07:40:18PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Is there a way to get a list of all packages in the tasklist that
> have an associated wnpp bug? Or let me ask another way: Is there any
> automatism to connect an entry from the tasklist with the
> corresponding wnnp bug or do you need to put the bug numbers
> manually into the files from tasks/ ?

Currently there is no such method available.  While the machine readable
gatherer verifies VCS of several teams and also includes information
about WNPP bugs if specified in debian/changelog the only connection
between tasks and this information in UDD is the properly spelled binary
package name.

The idea to parse WNPP bugs information and take it over into UDD came
up several times but I hesitated for two reasons:

  1. You can not relay on really structured machine readable information.
     To many people do not manage to fill in the reportbug form properly.
  2. Even if we had this information this would not be the solution to
     the problem above because it does not guarantee that you can find
     a proper connection to existing packages (because binary and source
     package name could be different to the first proposal in WNPP bug).