[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding r-cran-munsell_0.4-1_amd64.changes

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Mon Aug 5 08:16:33 UTC 2013

Le Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 08:14:39AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> besides the proposed general solution Charles was requesting I wanted to
> make up my mind about this specific package.  Unfortunately it seems not
> everything is commited to the Git repository:

Hi all,

it looked that Benjamin forgot to push the tags.  In case he does not answer
quickly, it will be easy to make fresh ones by hand.  In the meantime, you can
work on the version 0.4-1, which is the one in NEW.

    git checkout debian/0.4-1
    git buildpackage -us -uc --git-ignore-branch

Interestingly, the version 0.4-2 that became available after the upload to NEW
has a script to generate sysdata.rda: inst/raw/getmunsellmap.R.  That script
uses another data file, real.dat (in text format).

I will answer later to Paul on debian-devel (I would like to limit my posts on
this list to one or two per day), but basically, I think that the question of
the "prefered form for modification" is quite theroetical when it is not known
if this file will ever have to be modified (it has never been so in the 4 years
of history in upstream's Git repository), and when it is in a format that is
readable and writable with Free tools.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy