[Debian-med-packaging] Review and sponsoring request: pymia (Python module)

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 16:29:04 UTC 2013

Hello Andreas,

> when trying to build the package the dh_auto_clean target requires a lot
> of packages - it now failed with
>
>    No package 'mia3d-2.0' found

This is the call to pkg-config in setup.py  that is invoked
unconditionally.  For cleaning it is certainly not necessary, but for
building, 'pkg-config' should find 'mia3d-2.0' since it is provided by
the build dependency libmia-2.0-dev.

> I wonder whether the Debian Python people have invented
> something that keeps setup.py from doing crazy and insane things instead
> of just noticing that the build tree is just clean.
I've dug a bit through the pybuild code, and the call to
'setup.py clean' seems to be deep inside and unconditional.
I added an  "override_dh_auto_clean" to replace it by just deleting the
build directories.  Unless I figure out how to override the clean
command in setup.py, I don't think I can do much better.

> PS: Please gbp-pull - I have fixed d/copyright.
done

best
Gert