[Debian-med-packaging] [MoM] Another Debian Med MoM for February!

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Fri Feb 1 17:29:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to candidate as well for Debian Med MoM in February (if
Andreas is still up to it!)

I already did some initial work on the CamiTK package [0] with the help
of Andreas and Mathieu and would like to improve the package that is
already in the svn [1].

My initial plan under the MoM is the following:
- (re)read debian policy, debian-med policy and related documents from
the beginning (I went through very quickly in July last year and have to
say I forgot a lot). I would like to make sure I am not asking questions
where RTFM would be the best answer!
- update upstream source tarball
- generate another lib package from the source tarball
(libqtpropertybrowser), this is a tool used in CamiTK but can be used
for other projects as well
- generate another source tarball (separate from camitk tarball) for the
camitk tetgen plugin package + the associated debian package (optional
and that uses the tetgen package already in debian)
- other things that I will learn under MoM to improve the package!

Also, I saw that ubuntu 13.04 already includes the libcamitk packages,
although they are still in unstable. I don't think it is a good idea
(the package still has a severe bug due to tetgen source code
inclusion). I also saw that what they call "debian freeze" is planned
for 14 Feb.
If I understood well after this date they won't take any new update, and
I would prefer to solve the tetgen problem before that.
So my objective is to concentrate my work on the package/MoM as much as
possible before that date.

Looking forward to start this MoM and welcome any contributions about
it! Sorry in advance for my simplistic or wrong views about packaging...

	Mahnu

[0] http://packages.debian.org/sid/libcamitk3
[1] svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/camitk/