[Debian-med-packaging] LibreOffice 4.0 and your package using pyUNO and python(3)-uno

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Feb 4 12:24:44 UTC 2013

Hi again,

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 09:31:39PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> A "import uno" in a python2 shell with python-uno still works; but I'd prefer
>  - if you tested your package against the new python-uno to check whether
>    more complex stuff works ;)
>  - if you tested your package with python3(.3) and python3-uno and add this
>    as an alternative to your depends/recommends/suggests if your program works
>  - if you tested your package with python3(.3) and python3-uno and add this
>    dependency/suggestion to a new python3-* package
>
> Test-debs are on http://people.debian.org/~rene/libreoffice/4.0.0.

To avoid confusion, because I forgot to reword this part of the long ago
composed mail before sending: Yes, I tested that the new python based wizards
and the grammar checking (lightproof) work with both still.

But you never know... And there probably *will* be neeed to port your package
to support either python3 only or both..

Regards,

Rene