[Debian-med-packaging] perl path issue with MEME package?

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Wed Jan 16 09:23:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Faheem,

> I hope Charles will be able to help quickly here because he is a Perl
> hacker.  In any way I can confirm your observation.

> A further issue I just fixed is that meme contained a convinience copy
> of readseq which resulted in a conflict when trying to install in
> parallel to the readseq Debian package.  This is solved with my last
> change.

I'm seeing a problem here.

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/readseq_1-8_i386.deb
(--unpack):
  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz', which is also in
package meme 4.9.0p2-1
configured to not write apport reports
                                       Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...

Looks like the man page needs to be removed as well.

                                     Regards, Faheem