[Debian-med-packaging] perl path issue with MEME package?

Faheem Mitha faheem at faheem.info
Wed Jan 16 15:10:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Faheem,
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 04:27:08PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
>>
>>> I built it from the current version of the Debian packaging in
>>> svn. Can you tell me where you removed
>>> /usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz from the meme package? I don't
>>> see any mention of it in the Debian packaging.
>>
>> I just confirmed the Debian packaging is current, and rebuilt the
>> package, and the following file is in the Debian package. I assume
>> it is not supposed to be.
>>
>> rw-r--r-- root/root        20 2013-01-16 16:13 ./usr/share/man/man1/readseq.1.gz
>
> I need to check this.  I just realised in the build log some errors:

[snip]

> So this approach is obviosely unreliable and leads to unpredictable
> results.  Need more time to check this.

Ok. Also, I recommend looking at the output of lintian. There are an
impressive number of errors and warnings. Two types which probably should
be fixed are empty-manual-page and python-script-but-no-python-dep. Also

W: meme: unusual-interpreter usr/bin/hypergeometric.py #!@WHICHPYTHON@

which is an obvious substitution error and executable-not-elf-or-script
which I think is because the hash-bang is missing. Some of these might be
upstreamable.

Has there ever been any Debian contact with MEME upstream?

                                                           Regards, Faheem