[Debian-med-packaging] perl path issue with MEME package?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jan 16 15:30:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 08:40:42PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> >So this approach is obviosely unreliable and leads to unpredictable
> >results.  Need more time to check this.
>
> Ok. Also, I recommend looking at the output of lintian. There are an
> impressive number of errors and warnings. Two types which probably
> should be fixed are empty-manual-page and
> python-script-but-no-python-dep. Also
>
> W: meme: unusual-interpreter usr/bin/hypergeometric.py #!@WHICHPYTHON@

Sure.  As I said:  The package is far from ready and it is not me who
ignored the lintian issues in the first place.  I have put meme on the
todo list for our Sprint in Kiel[1].  Any patch is welcome!

> which is an obvious substitution error and
> executable-not-elf-or-script which I think is because the hash-bang
> is missing. Some of these might be upstreamable.

Yes.  We are aware that there is a lot to do on this package - any
volunteer raising hand??

> Has there ever been any Debian contact with MEME upstream?

Not that I'm aware of.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Meeting/Kiel2013#Agenda