[Debian-med-packaging] Distribution of MEME source code

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Jan 25 09:11:48 UTC 2013

Hi James,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:56:10AM +1000, James Johnson wrote:
> >I just noticed the patched tarball that is available at
> >
> >    ftp://ftp.ebi.edu.au/pub/software/MEME/4.9.0/meme_4.9.0_3.tar.gz
> >
> >Many thanks for responding *that* quickly to our request.  May be
> >meanwhile you even have created some HTML listing and I simply did not
> >noticed at first look.
> The HTML index appeared on Tuesday about a day after the folder
> reorganization.

Cool - sorry, I simply missed the index.html in the ftp server root dir.
Now we have a working watch file for the Debian package!

> >If not just take your time you might need (I
> >realised also the web page is not up to date - only the ftp sneakers can
> >see the new version.)
> I assume you're talking about the meme.ebi.edu.au site? We can't
> update it for them and they have known about the update for 3 months
> now... I guess I'll have an excuse to prompt them again next week as
> we're about to release a new patch. The meme.nbcr.net site is up to
> date (or at least it should be).

Well, I was rather talking about meme.nbcr.net but I was a little bit
tricked by the quite prominent link right above.  It is actually
described

    Previous version (4.8.1)
    ^^^^^^^^

but somehow my mind totally skipped this "previous" and I was reading
4.8.1 is the current version.  The current version 4.9.0 is way less
prominent placed on the web page at bottom left.  Good to know, that
Debian's uscan now can properly read for me. ;-)

Thanks for your cooperation