[Debian-med-packaging] Distribution of MEME source code

James Johnson j.johnson at imb.uq.edu.au
Fri Jan 25 00:56:10 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

On 25/01/13 01:41, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:55:49PM +1000, James Johnson wrote:
>> So now the official server is EBI's FTP site (
>> ftp://ftp.ebi.edu.au/pub/software/MEME/ ). While I'm based in the
>> same building as the EBI team I (or anyone else on the MEME Suite
>> team) don't have direct access to their servers so unfortunately
>> re-organising the folder structure will require some back and forth
>> with them. When I manage that I will also be making a HTML listing
>> with links to the releases because I want to link it from the
>> updated menu of our next full release. If you want I can also make a
>> extra simplified version to help with your automated update system.
> I just noticed the patched tarball that is available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.ebi.edu.au/pub/software/MEME/4.9.0/meme_4.9.0_3.tar.gz
>
> Many thanks for responding *that* quickly to our request.  May be
> meanwhile you even have created some HTML listing and I simply did not
> noticed at first look.
The HTML index appeared on Tuesday about a day after the folder
reorganization.
> If not just take your time you might need (I
> realised also the web page is not up to date - only the ftp sneakers can
> see the new version.)
I assume you're talking about the meme.ebi.edu.au site? We can't update
it for them and they have known about the update for 3 months now... I
guess I'll have an excuse to prompt them again next week as we're about
to release a new patch. The meme.nbcr.net site is up to date (or at
least it should be).

~James