[Debian-med-packaging] camitk patch version

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Thu Jul 11 14:23:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am currently working on integrating debian patch upstream and also
trying to fix the compilation problems on armel, armhf (and hopefully
mips as well if I manage to find the origin of the error) [1].

I have two questions (still in my MoS - s for Semester!):
1) The upstream patch release should normally be called 3.2.1, but I
noticed that the package revision was changed from 3.2.0-1 to 3.2.1-1
just before the upload (although the source tarball is identify as
3.2.0) [2]
Was it accidental or intentional?

2) If I manage to finish the work before the migration to testing (8
days left) would that be better that waiting, or would that make no
difference? I still have a problem with deciding when to ask for an
upload (I imagine a lot of machine power and some human interaction is
involved).

Best regards,
EP

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=camitk