[Debian-med-packaging] camitk patch version

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jul 12 08:04:12 UTC 2013

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 04:23:58PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> I am currently working on integrating debian patch upstream and also
> trying to fix the compilation problems on armel, armhf (and hopefully
> mips as well if I manage to find the origin of the error) [1].

Sounds great!

> I have two questions (still in my MoS - s for Semester!):
> 1) The upstream patch release should normally be called 3.2.1, but I
> noticed that the package revision was changed from 3.2.0-1 to
> 3.2.1-1 just before the upload (although the source tarball is
> identify as 3.2.0) [2]
> Was it accidental or intentional?

$ uscan --verbose --report
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   http://camitk.imag.fr/devDownload.php .*/camitk-(\d.*?)(?:-.*)?\.(?:tgz|tbz2|txz|tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz))
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     https://forge.imag.fr/frs/download.php/423/camitk-3.2.1-azure-Source.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is 3.2.1, local version is 3.2.1
 => Package is up to date
-- Scan finished

So upstream has 3.2.1 source released and so it was not really by
accident.  I simply assumed that this was some slight bugfix release and
used this tarball as basis of the package (by bumping the version string
you injected in d/changelog).  If this was wrong that would be a pity.

> 2) If I manage to finish the work before the migration to testing (8
> days left) would that be better that waiting, or would that make no
> difference?

Not really.  In the current state of release where we are far from any
freeze it does not really matter IMHO.

> I still have a problem with deciding when to ask for an
> upload (I imagine a lot of machine power and some human interaction
> is involved).

If you have done some change that seems worth an upload it is fine to
ask for it.  From my point of view it is not to much work (if I'm
overloaded with work I will just delay the upload request or somebody
else might step in).  Everything else is done basically automatically
and as far as I'm informed camitk is not the main showstoper for these
machines.  So there is no point to hesitate with an upload request.

Thanks for your work on this