[Debian-med-packaging] camitk patch version

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Fri Jul 12 11:53:24 UTC 2013

Dear Andreas,

> So upstream has 3.2.1 source released and so it was not really by
> accident.  I simply assumed that this was some slight bugfix release
>  and used this tarball as basis of the package (by bumping the
> version string you injected in d/changelog).  If this was wrong that
> would be a pity.

you are right, my mistake (at least that proves I learned to
distinguished the work done in debian packaging and in upstream project!).
Sorry for the silly question. I will checked that everything is alright
for the next patch version (i.e., 3.2.2!).

>> 2) If I manage to finish the work before the migration to testing
>> (8 days left) would that be better that waiting, or would that make
>> no difference?
>
> Not really.  In the current state of release where we are far from
> any freeze it does not really matter IMHO.

Ok. Thank you. I will still try to fix the problems in the next two
weeks. I'll let you know when I have something ready. There was some
other bugs solved upstream as well.

>> I still have a problem with deciding when to ask for an upload (I
>> imagine a lot of machine power and some human interaction is
>> involved).
>
> If you have done some change that seems worth an upload it is fine
> to ask for it.  From my point of view it is not to much work (if I'm
>  overloaded with work I will just delay the upload request or
> somebody else might step in).  Everything else is done basically
> automatically and as far as I'm informed camitk is not the main
> showstoper for these machines.  So there is no point to hesitate with
> an upload request.

Thank you for this insight.

> Thanks for your work on this
And yours!