[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] r14207 - trunk/packages/microbiomeutil/trunk/debian

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Mon Jul 22 10:16:26 UTC 2013

Le Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:00:15PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Charles,
>
> I was basically following the advise given in
>
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2013-July/021009.html
>
> regarding the license name?  (I noticed that you also do not agree with
> droping the images - but that's a different topic I'll answer
> separately.)
>
> I admit that I personally did not dived into the very details of the
> BSDish licenses and simply took Luka's hint as a quite easy to follow
> thing.  Do you think I should revert the change, turn it into
> "BSD-3-clause-like" or just leave it as is.

Altogether, it is a matter of taste that has no consequence, since there is no
harmonisation.  I just wanted to underline that there is no strong requirement
to switch short names to "BSD-3-clause" when they look like
/usr/share/common-licenses/BSD, just in case one would have thought about
spending time correcting other packages.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,