[Debian-med-packaging] GNU Health [1.8.0] (new version)

Emilien Klein emilien+debian at klein.st
Wed Mar 6 22:51:14 UTC 2013

Hi Dmitry, Andreas and the rest of the team,

2013/2/19 Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob at member.fsf.org>:
> Dear Emilien,
>
> Thank you for having a look at "gnuhealth" package.
>
> I've noticed that upstream released new version [1.8.0]: according to its
> changelog it may be compatible with Tryton-2.6 that we have in "experimental".
>
> Also in November 2012 with your commit to "gnuhealth" repository you've
> managed to overwrite some of my valid changes, notably:

I've reverted all the changes you've listed. Let me know if there are
other things you disagree with!

I've updated the gnuhealth package in our team's svn repo to package
the newest version (1.8). Using Tryton 2.6 (server and client)
packaged in Debian experimental, I've been able to successfully set up
a GNU Health database using the package produced by this source
package.

A few points (more details in the debian/TODO.Debian file [0]):
- Automate some of the manual steps
- health_qrcodes is currently removed from binary package due to
missing Python library
- Mention Dmitry in the Files: debian/* section of debian/copyright,
as he has worked on the package as well.
- Improvement suggestion: package the demo database in a separate
gnuhealth_demo package

Please review the package.
Even with the list of things left to do, I believe the package is
already good enough to be uploaded to Experimental. Let me know what
you think (FYI I'm a DM, and thus not allowed to upload this new
package myself)

Cheers!
   +Emilien
[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnuhealth/trunk/debian/TODO.Debian?view=markup