[Debian-med-packaging] Glasso, QUIC ...

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Mar 12 18:02:53 UTC 2013

Hi Matyas,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:49:07PM -0500, Matyas wrote:
> On 03/12/13 05:05, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >I just suggested this to Matyas and I'd be fine to start right now
> >(even in the middle of a month - we should not be picky about
> >monthes, right?)
>
> I saw that all the others list a repository, and so I wanted to
> finalize that first.

Creating this might be perfectly part of the MoM and in most cases the
repository was added in a later edit.

> I will sign up for April if that is ok.

That's perfectly fine.

> One more question. I am using .C extension for C++ files. I user
> reported some windows environment where .C files are not properly
> recognized as C++. In particular, for the R package I had to rename
> the files using .cpp because of this problem.
>
> Furthermore, I do not really *need* C++ for this program. I simply
> like the comment style and variable declaration better in C++... Is
> that too lame? (I will not get offended... :-)
>
> I prefer .C extension and my question is: any reason I should avoid that?

Well, that's no actual question which is related to Debian packaging so
I drop my Debian developer hat and answer from my very personal opinion:
If I would write ANSII-C I would really stick to ANSII-C comment syntax.
Everything else is confusing.  If you really want to use C++ syntax for
whatever sugar you like than it makes sense to use the .cpp extension.

I'm not sure whether the Debian Med packaging list is the right list to
ask this kind of questions.  I do not mind about off-topic questions but
I think the audience here on this list is not necessarily the best to
give you the optimal answer.