[Debian-med-packaging] New version of GNU Health - please review

Thorsten Alteholz debian-med at alteholz.de
Sat May 4 17:38:44 UTC 2013

Hi Emilien,

On Sat, 4 May 2013, Emilien Klein wrote:
> I don't mind at all, that's the whole point of a team-maintained package.
> Could you explain why the get-orig-source is needed (and not just use
> plain uscan)?

for most of the packages it is sufficient to use plain uscan. But some
packages need to modify the original source archive (to remove files with
a wrong license) or even need to build the source archive from some other
repository (in case upstream does not release tar files). As I am a bit
lazy, I don't want to check again and again for every package how I can
obtain the sources. So I add this target to the rules file and can
always type something like "make -f debian/rules get-orig-source" to get
everything at the right place.

> What is mergeWithUpstream, and what is it supposed to do? Looks to be
> related to svn-buildpackage, which I didn't use. Please educate me ;)

Yes, the get-orig-source from above stores the archive in the tarballs
directory. If you use svn-buildpackage with this option set on the debian
directory, the debian directory and the tarfile will be automatically
merged in the build-area and the package will be built there. So you can
be sure that you will really commit any file that is needed to build the
package. But this is just one way of working ...

> Yes, the configure scripts searches where the Tryton modules are to be
> installed. If it doens't find Tryton server, it aborts installation
> [0].

Aaah, ok.

>> Your workaround for extra-license-file now creates:
>>   X: gnuhealth-server: package-contains-broken-symlink
>
> Is that a Lintian error/warning? I didn't see it.

Yes, I do: lintian -I -E --show-overrides --pedantic

> Any suggestion on how best to fix this?

No, sorry, not really. As there still is the global license that is
also valid for these modules, I wonder wether the license file is really
needed in that directory.

   Thorsten