[Debian-med-packaging] New version of GNU Health - please review

Emilien Klein emilien+debian at klein.st
Sat May 4 14:45:23 UTC 2013

Hi Thorsten,

2013/5/4 Thorsten Alteholz <debian-med at alteholz.de>:
> Hi Emilien,
>
> I hope you don't mind that I added the target "get-orig-source" to your
> rules file and "mergeWithUpstream" to the debian directory.

I don't mind at all, that's the whole point of a team-maintained package.
Could you explain why the get-orig-source is needed (and not just use
plain uscan)?
What is mergeWithUpstream, and what is it supposed to do? Looks to be
related to svn-buildpackage, which I didn't use. Please educate me ;)

> Do you really need the dependency on tryton-server to build the package?

Yes, the configure scripts searches where the Tryton modules are to be
installed. If it doens't find Tryton server, it aborts installation
[0].

> Your workaround for extra-license-file now creates:
>   X: gnuhealth-server: package-contains-broken-symlink

Is that a Lintian error/warning? I didn't see it. Any suggestion on
how best to fix this?

> Maybe you can add a patch for:
> W: gnuhealth-server: manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry
> usr/share/man/man1/gnuhealth.1.gz

Yes, and then submit it upstream. I'll look into it.

> I: gnuhealth-server: spelling-error-in-manpage
> usr/share/man/man1/gnuhealth.1.gz allows to allows one to

Same (I need to update my Lintian settings to output those lower messages)

>> This version of GNU Health depends on Tryton 2.6, but 2.8 has already
>> been uploaded to Experimental. I don't know if that means we can't
>> upload this new version to Experimental?
>

> As I understand the control file right, this version is only working with
> tryton 2.6, right? So I would not upload the current version to experimental
> but wait for GNU Health 2.0.

No problem. I'll work on packaging 2.0 as soon as it gets out.

Thanks for reviewing. Let me know if you find more things to fix or
improve. I'll get to the points you listed in the coming hours/days.

   +Emilien
[0] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/file/b975cf569ba5/tryton/configure#l1936