[Debian-med-packaging] [tryton-debian] GNU Health in Debian

Emilien Klein emilien+debian at klein.st
Thu May 9 12:34:20 UTC 2013

2013/5/9 Mathias Behrle <mbehrle at m9s.biz>:
[...]
> In the meantime I discovered, that gnuhealth was packaged and uploaded to
> experimental. The package for me has important issues. I am wondering, why
> nobody got in contact with the maintainer of the other Tryton packages. I will
> post my review and concerns on the gnuhealth package in another mail, hopefully
> today.

I'll be happy to read your comments. Please note that the version
uploaded to experimental (gnuhealth 1.8.0-1) is already "pretty old",
i.e. in our repository we're working on version 1.8.1-1. One important
and visible change is the renaming of the binary package from
gnuhealth to gnuhealth-.server. Have a look at the SVN repo [0] before
providing your feedback.
Please make sure to CC the Debian Med team, as the GNU Health package
is team-maintained (I just happen to be doing most changes currently,
but the package was started before my contributions)
I'll make a guess that you will have something to say about the
gnuhealth-server service? ;)

As a general comment: all feedback is welcome. This package is still
pretty new, and far from being complete. Plans include creating 2 more
binary packages (gnuhealth-client and gnuhealth, next to the current
gnuhealth-server) that will allow for easy installation of either only
the server components, the client components, or all components on the
same machine. The reasoning behind the separate gnuhealth-server
daemon is to be able to provide Tryton with a customized configuration
(such as database info and custom port), to reduce the impact on an
eventual Tryton server already running on that machine.

   +Emilien
[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnuhealth/trunk/debian/