[Debian-med-packaging] Convenience code copy of samtools and tabix in r-bioc-rsamtools.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Wed Oct 30 09:38:39 UTC 2013

Le Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 09:24:04AM +0000, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Author: tille
> Date: 2013-10-30 09:24:04 +0000 (Wed, 30 Oct 2013)
> New Revision: 15067
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-rsamtools/trunk/debian/control
>    trunk/packages/R/r-bioc-rsamtools/trunk/debian/rules

Hi Andreas,

as you probably noticed, this package contains a convenience code copy of
samtools and tabix.

If you are lucky, you may be able to completely deltete it and pull the
libbam.a from libbam-dev instead.  In that case, it may be useful to implement
the Built-Using field, so that we remember to rebuild r-bioc-rsamtools when
libbam-dev gets updated (rarely).

For tabix, there is no libtabix-dev package yet, but that may be doable.

Ah, and I see libbcf.a as well.  This one can be build from samtools.
Quick-and-dirty way would be to put it in libbam-dev, otherwise we need to make
a new package with a trip to the NEW queue.

Cheers,

--
Charles