[Debian-med-packaging] Convenience code copy of samtools and tabix in r-bioc-rsamtools.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Wed Oct 30 09:43:03 UTC 2013

Le Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 06:38:39PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :

> Ah, and I see libbcf.a as well.  This one can be build from samtools.
> Quick-and-dirty way would be to put it in libbam-dev, otherwise we need to make
> a new package with a trip to the NEW queue.

Hmmm, and I see samtools 0.2.0~rc3 on GitHub, with the following in the README:

    The original samtools package has been splitted into three separate but tightly coordinated projects:

        htslib: C-library for handling high-throughput sequencing data
        samtools: mpileup and other tools for handling SAM, BAM, CRAM
        bcftools: calling and other tools for handling VCF, BCF

If there is anybody (newcomers welcome !) who would like to contribute on this:
the more the merrier !

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy