[Debian-med-packaging] Changes to libsbml

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Mon Apr 7 18:37:13 UTC 2014

Hi Ivo,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 05:12:08PM +0200, Ivo Maintz wrote:
> > Well, I was probably a bit to quick.  This would not trigger the
> > problem I tried to describe.  It seems I had some other problem when
> > cleaning up ... need to check.
>
> I assume, that the tarball is one level above and is gzipped (tar.gz).
> Maybe, here is your problem?

I do not think so.  The tarball looks fine.

> > So I might wait then.  I think by using Files-Excluded our chances
> > will be better with the clean target but probably--repack-compression
> > xz there is some work left. If it starts becoming very ugly I would
> > accept your unusual trick which is in fact not as bad as I assumed in
> > the first place.
>
> Files-Excluded would not work; "make" changes to much files in-place
> before moving to the build directory.
>
> But, before I commit my (poor) changes - you also changed the
> get-orig-source target by adding "--repack-compression xz"; this isn't
> working here, my uscan (2.14.1) don't understand this option. Which
> version do you use?

Sorry, I'm using a recent Git commit.  Simply drop the option in
question - I should not have injected it since it must have confused
you.

> And, as I readded "my" clean solution, should I mention thist in the
> changelog, or is it easier (in this special case) to simply delete the
> line with your entry to this?

Yes, this should definitely documented extensively - I would also want
you to add a README.source since team members (like me) would probably
not read the full changelog and stumble about this unconventional
solution.  Usually README.source is read by other developers.