[Debian-med-packaging] License of Tcode and SSJ

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 13:24:31 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team.  We are trying to
inject any free software which is relevant in biology into main Debian.
It has turned out that SSJ is a precondition for one of our targets and
this in turn needs Tcode as precondition.  We have created a package of
it but the code was rejected by our ftpmaster since he considers the
license just beeing on some "random" web page not sufficient to accept
it valid for the actual code (see discussion below).

It would be really kind if you could do one of the following (according
to the time you want to spent into this):

   1. Create a new download archive that contains the text of the GPL
      license explicitly.

   2. Answer to this public mailing list that Tcode and SSJ are
      really licensed under GPL and the text on your license page
      applies to both source code archives.

Kind regards and thanks for your support

       Andreas.

----- Forwarded message from Thorsten Alteholz <alteholz at debian.org> -----