[Debian-med-packaging] Status of igraph packaging for Debian

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:24:52 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas at fam-tille.de> wrote:
[...]
> I admit I did not downloaded from this location but rather from the
> Github releases at:
>
>   https://github.com/igraph/igraph/releases
>
> If you confirm that these are different from
> http://igraph.org/nightly/get/c/ (which I'd consider a bit confusing)
> we could adjust our watch file to this location.

github creates "releases" for each tag in the master branch, and I
didn't find anything to prevent this, apart from not creating tags.
Just don't use github. Download the latest release from igraph.org.

> As long as the debian/ dir does not show up in the release tarballs this
> is no real problem.  If I were you I would try tp approach that the
> release tarballs on Github are byte (md5sum) identical with the download
> area on your homepage.

We don't intend to that, at least I don't. Again, the releases are on
our homepage, not on github.

If Tamas removes the debian/ subdir from the repository, I don't mind,
that's his decision.

[...]

Gabor