[Debian-med-packaging] Unit tests of R BatchJobs

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sun Jul 6 13:23:18 UTC 2014

Hi Bernd,

On Sun, Jul 06, 2014 at 02:13:07PM +0200, Bernd Bischl wrote:

> >I see no reason to break my usual workflow just to win 2-3 days for the
> >upload.  So I can stay tuned.
> >

> I dont get what you are saying.
>
> If I push to CRAN and it does not work for you (because you did not
> check before) you have to wait for 2 months because thats what the
> CRAN policies allow regarding new releases.

Ahhh, I simply asumed the delay from your github to CRAN might be just a
matter of days.  So you want me to check your code from github in a
Debian package first?  IMHO that's an unsual workflow.  We always grab
from CRAN. do the packaging from there and report back.  I can not see
any reason why my check should be needed to propagate the package to
CRAN (and I can not do it anyway now since I'm traveling and have a very
weak connection).  Please upload according *your* checks and the usual
CRAN tests as you are always doing independently from the Debian packaging.