[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging of Sailfish.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Fri Jul 11 04:41:34 UTC 2014

Le Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 08:18:56PM +0200, rf at q-leap.de a écrit :

> Now something else:
>
> We plan to package up sailfish
> (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ckingsf/software/sailfish/) and have started to
> do so. I read a post about this software and it was praised as kind of a
> breakthrough in this area, so I thought it will be of interest to the
> Debian community as well.
>
> The problem with it is, that it has dependencies on two software packages
> that are also not part of Debian yet. So I'm wondering how to go about
> these two (http://image.diku.dk/shark/sphinx_pages/build/html/index.html
> and
> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/288827/g-log-An-efficient-asynchronous-logger-using-Cplus). We'd
> take over the packaging of them as well, but since they are of a general
> nature and don't really belong to the DebianMed topics it's not clear to me
> whether you can sponsor them too. I'd need to know how to proceed.

Hello Roland,

I have not tried yet to run Sailfish, but I already tried to install it on
Wheezy and Jessie :)  If this program holds its promises, it will be a great
addition to Debian.

I would recommend that you post an ITP early and mention that co-maintainers
are welcome.  If nobody joins, then we can host the packages in Debian Med;
alternatively you can consider joining collab-maint (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/CollabMaint).

For the uploads, I can sponsor if you need.

Have a nice week-end,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy