[Debian-med-packaging] snpStats contains code copy of zlib

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jul 25 13:08:46 UTC 2014

Hi David,

the Debian Med team intends to package your BioConductor modul snpStats
for the Debian distribution since it is used in the unit test of
VariantAnnotation which will be available in Debian soon as well
(hopefully).

When doing the packaging I realised that it contains a code copy of zlib
which is considered as a bad idea and thus the package was rejected.

In other BioConductor modules this is solved by depending from
zlibbioc[2] which ensures we do not ship a code copy.  Would you consider
doing so as well to simplify our work since otherwise we would need to
patch the package to get rid of the zlib code.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/756003
[2] http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/zlibbioc.html