[Debian-med-packaging] Inconsistencies in pristine-tar of several packages

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Wed Jun 4 21:17:39 UTC 2014

Hi Steffen,

good to hear from you.

    St> Hello, I have not run into this much with Debian-Med, but with
    St> the BOINC packages we (I!) frequently forget to git push --tags
    St> after the regular git pus. When multiple individuals address
    St> updates of a version at the same time, then I could well imagine
    St> that some conflict is introduced.  Cheers, Steffen

That's a separate problem that indeed happens frequently. We already
have discovered many packages with missing tags. The problem with the
wrong IDs doesn't seem to be caused by different developers working on
the repo, since the cases so far were with packages that had commits
basically from a single person. It would really be worthwhile to track down
the cause of this. Could have some more severe side-effects, that we
don't yet know about.

Iain, if you want to combine these two commands into one "Shell Return"
just do
$ git push --all; git push --tags
or make an alias like
$ alias git-push-all-incl-tags="git push --all; git push --tags"

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com