[Debian-med-packaging] Inconsistencies in pristine-tar of several packages

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jun 5 14:22:08 UTC 2014

Hi Roland,

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 12:15:58PM +0200, rf at q-leap.de wrote:

>     Andr> I somehow have the feeling that it might be worth trying a bug
>     Andr> report against git-buildpackage.  The developers might have
>     Andr> some way better clue than me ... which is not hard since I
>     Andr> have no clue at all and it seems the problem might be hidden
>     Andr> inside git-buildpackage.
>
> I'd happily do that. The only trouble is, that I can't trigger the
> problem. See my earlier mail in this thread when I talked about bambamc
> 0.0.50 which I imported, built, pushed without issues.

I just createt openemr.git - so this was not object of your polishing work.
Thanks to your script I was easily able to reproduce the problem:

$ LANG=C gbp-check
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

Upstream commit id      vers 4.1.2:      e840cfd0d7e7cc351c1e909604dccedf079dfad2
Pristine tar id         vers 4.1.2:      8705900aa673b64d295919315cedb33c7dfb3ed8

... are not identical!!!!

GIT hash in openemr_4.1.2.orig.tar.gz.id doesn't even exist!!!

Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

> So either the problem occurs only in versions of git-buildpackage >
> 0.6.0~git20120601 (from wheezy, the latest one we use) or it's something
> else in the workflow. You can easily check after each step of the
> workflow using the script below.

I created the repository via:

alioth:/git/debian-med > ./setup-repository openemr 'comprehensive medical practice management'

local:

  > mkdir openemr
  > cd openemr
  > git init
  > git import-orig --pristine-tar <path_to_upstream>
  > cp -a <path_to_debian_dir_in_svn> .
  > git add debian
  > git commit -a
  > git remote add origin ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/openemr.git
  > git push origin master
  > git push --all --set-upstream
  > git push --tags

This is basically (moduly some other minor commits) what I have done
(and what I'm always doing).