[Debian-med-packaging] Inconsistencies in pristine-tar of several packages

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Fri Jun 6 09:28:54 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

    Andr> I somehow have the feeling that it might be worth trying a bug
    Andr> report against git-buildpackage.  The developers might have
    Andr> some way better clue than me ... which is not hard since I
    Andr> have no clue at all and it seems the problem might be hidden
    Andr> inside git-buildpackage.
    >>
    >> I'd happily do that. The only trouble is, that I can't trigger
    >> the problem. See my earlier mail in this thread when I talked
    >> about bambamc
    >> 0.0.50 which I imported, built, pushed without issues.

    Andr> I just createt openemr.git - so this was not object of your
    Andr> polishing work.  Thanks to your script I was easily able to
    Andr> reproduce the problem ....

great that you confirmed that. From what you write your steps were, I'm
now pretty sure, it is a flaw of newer git-buildpackage versions. Which
version are you using? BTW: I saw the same problem in another repo that
is not part of DebMed, which reinforces my assumption. If I know the
version, where the flaw occurs, I can track down the faulty commit in
git-buildpackage.

Cheers,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---