[Debian-med-packaging] nut-nutrition in Debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jun 7 21:56:17 UTC 2014

Hi Iain,

On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 10:00:31PM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Could you upload the current package to experimental?
>
> It builds, it's lintian clean, and basic testing has passed, but this is a
> well installed package according to popcon and I'd like to get some people
> to test it a bit more to avoid ruining anyone's day by having it appear in
> testing without a bit more testing.

I do not think that this is a good reason for experimental.  Looking at

   http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/tools#nut-nutrition

a popcon of 10 is not that impressive and the expectation that a package
is tested in experimental is wrong in general.  Most users will install
from tesing or unstable and thus the package in experimental is hanging
around untested.