[Debian-med-packaging] libquazip packaging files updated to new upstream

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jun 13 09:44:00 UTC 2014

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 09:30:33PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> > May be you forgot to update the debian/patches dir in SVN?
>
> Ooopppsss I send you thousands of excuses ;)

:-)  There is no need for excuses.

BTW, the "punishment" is serving a $drink at next meeting which will be
at LSM.  Looking forward to meet you there (even without the $drink
option ;-)).

> > BTW, did you considered solving #719742?
>

> I'm in touch with sergey, he's telling me that the ABI version is 1.0.0
> whatever is the version number of the quazip code. When he'll be ready
> to upgrade ABI to 2.0.0 he will update the version number in the qmake
> files. So I can say that the soname version of libs is 1.0.0 and I will
> update the debian files according to sergey's answer.
>
> Secondly, I've checked Ubuntu bugs and answered them. Qt4 does not like
> Qt5 ;) If you build an application with Qt5 and link it with the debian
> libquazip (Qt4), your app will fail. I've questionned sergey if he
> thinks that an upgrade to Qt5 is required here.
>
> If so, I think the libquazip 0.6.2-x should be proposed as a debian
> stable update.

Debian stable will only be updated in case of severe security problems.
I guess this will not fall into this category.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this