[Debian-med-packaging] Unit tests of R BatchJobs

Bernd Bischl bernd_bischl at gmx.net
Thu Jun 26 20:31:00 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

1) I have added Michel to CC.

2) Thx, this is good news.

3) I need to look into this a bit closer, which I probably cannot do
until end of next week.
(teaching load + conference paper)
But I can say that we will support you guys in removing these problems
soon.

4) I will add up a issue in our github tracker so we can manage this there.

A few comments from just glancing at stuff:

5) We do not write the the temp dir for the unit tests (actually I think
we did in the past),
because we like to be able to run them on our true custers in full batch
mode as well, to detect more errors.
And on these systems, TEMP is usually not on a shared filesystem, so
this does not work.

But this can sure be made configureable in some way. I mainly need to
figure out whether we write to that dir in
some other place as well. The error you see is caused by just one line
of code that is reused everywhere through a unit test
helper function.

6) For the SQLite: I have no idea. Are you sure that this is due to any
code we control?

Best,

Bermd

--
Currently head of working group "Computational Statistics", LMU Munich:
http://www.statistik.lmu.de/institut/ag/compstat/