[Debian-med-packaging] r16579 - in trunk/packages: . libssj-java libssj-java/trunk

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue May 13 16:05:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

Oops - I thought I had committed liboptimization-java to SVN already.

I have now done so.  This version builds from the unmodified upstream at
ftp://www1.fpl.fs.fed.us/pub/optim/src.tar.Z but if it is going to
Debian you'll want to unpack that, run 'dh clean' and re-pack to remove
both the precompiled classes and some none-essential none-free code (see
README.source).

Cheers,

TIM

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 11:24 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> as an update:  tcode is now accepted and I wanted to start working on
> libssj-java.  Besides the libcolt issue I'm missing liboptimization-java
> predependency.  Any preparation for this package we could do meanwhile?
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.
>
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 08:41:06PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 04:40:42PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> > > Yes, much cut-and-paste was done in making those packages.  I'll clean
> > > up this one and keep my eyes peeled for others.
> >
> > No problem.
> >
> > > I read your correspondence with Tony [Johnson, I presume] about Colt,
> > > but the key person here seems to be Wolfgang Hoschek, who is still the
> > > Colt maintainer according to his web page, http://acs.lbl.gov/~hoschek/,
> > > and is the sole author on all the files under aida/bin/ (and co-author
> > > with Tony of the stuff under aida/ref/).  If he absolves us of the
> > > no-military restriction then we're done as the five I*.java files can
> > > simply be ripped out (they look important but they aren't!).
> >
> > Whatever brings us forward - I'd be really happy about this.
> >
> > > So, did you manage to make contact with Wolfgang at all?  If not I'm
> > > happy to contact him now.
> >
> > I habe published all contacts on the mailing list - so the answer is no,
> > I have not contacted him and if you would go on that would be really
> > welcome.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> >         Andreas.
> >
> > --
> > http://fam-tille.de

Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England