[Debian-med-packaging] Testsuite fails when trying to build Debian packages from python-biom-format

Daniel McDonald wasade at gmail.com
Thu May 22 16:24:14 UTC 2014

Those warnings are coming from our Cython code, so I think we'd need to
defer to the Cython maintainers. I suspect that other packages using Cython
and numpy 1.8 together get similar messages, though I could be wrong.

We will be supporting Python >= 3.3 moving forward but we were not able to
complete that during this cycle. I did a quick check and most of the issues
surround the zip/izip and StringIO use, which are quick to knock out using
future <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/future>. I'd like to say we'll shoot
for 2.1, but that may be off a little bit.

Thank you for the work on this, Andreas!

Best,
Daniel