[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Tue Oct 14 20:38:53 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

    Andreas> Hi Roland, On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 11:02:00PM +0200,
    >> Hi Andreas,
    >>
    >> I just pushed my latest set of commits. Packages do build now
    >> with (at least) the following issues left:

    Andreas> What is also left is

    Andreas>    git import-orig --pristine-tar <orig_tarball>

    Andreas> as described in policy.  The repository is lacking the
    Andreas> typical branches upstream and pristine-tar (or you missed
    Andreas> pushing these).  So I just answer your items without having
    Andreas> done a test build.

no they are all there. You probably haven't tracked the branches
locally, since you already pulled very early last week before I had
pushed them.

    >> - usr/share/doc is still missing

    Andreas> You mean upstream docs are not yet installed, right?

Right.

    >> - Missing manpages (lintian warnings ...). Is this release
    >>   critical?

    Andreas> Not critical but would be nice.  Sometimes help2man is your
    Andreas> friend.

OK, I check what is doable without too much effort at this stage.

    >> - d/copyright created with /usr/lib/cdbs/licensecheck2dep5 has a
    >>   number
    >> of FIXMEs. What to do about them?

    Andreas> I usually fill in

    Andreas> Upstream-Name: FIXME Upstream-Contact: FIXME Source: FIXME

OK.

    >> - The build process in rules/override_dh_auto_build is not
    >>   particularly
    >> nice. It works, but I will eventually split the separate builds
    >> more appropriately. Don't know, whether I will get around to do
    >> this before the freeze. But I don't think, it should be a
    >> show-stopper. The separate builds are necessary to avoid pulling
    >> in unneeded dependencies by dh_shlibdeps for the different bin
    >> packages.

    Andreas> If you need to different configure steps its probably
    Andreas> needed to do such tricks.  I have no better idea either.

Fine.

    >> - No testing done yet ... Will do asap and will tag for release
    >>   then.

    Andreas> OK.

    >> - Contact upstream (see below)
    >> - If you want, you can try a test build with debuild.

    Andreas> See above - pristine-tar would really help.

    Andreas> No, I have not ... except for contacting upstream which we
    Andreas> should do anyway since in some way we are "undermining"
    Andreas> their registration process if we distribute the package on
    Andreas> Debian.  It might be convincing to upstream that we are
    Andreas> mentioning their publication (starting from next cron job
    Andreas> tomorrow).
    >>
    >> I will contact upstream asap, asking what to do about the
    >> download page and suggesting to create a usable git repo. I've
    >> also subscribed to their mailing list to stay on top of things.

    Andreas> Sounds good.

You probably already saw my message from this evening regarding this on
the debmed list ...

Best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---