[Debian-med-packaging] Samtools fails to build on several architectures [noreply at buildd.debian.org: failed i386 build of samtools 1.0-1]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Sep 23 09:52:05 UTC 2014

Hi Charles,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 06:36:20PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 05:50:49PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> >
> > I propose to solve the issue by implementing autopkgtest files to run the
> > upstream regression suite (which is easy as it is contained in the samtoos-test
> > package), and to disable these tests at build time.
> >
> > What do you think about this ?
>
> The autopkgtest files are now in place, running the upstream tests on demand.
> I verified that ‘sadt’ fails when the tests fail and passes when the tests
> pass.
>
> If nobody objects, I will disable the tests at build time.

In principle this sounds like a pragmatic solution under current
circumstances.

However, after looking into the build-log (I copied it to
/var/tmp/samtools blends.debian.net) the failures are:

$ grep -B 5 '^\.\. failed' *.build

test_usage_subcommand:
        samtools stats

        did not have Usage:
.. failed ...

        usage did not mention samtools stats
.. failed ...

which sounds pretty basic to me.  I wonder if such things might be
hidden by the autopkgtest approach since I have no idea whether
autopkgtest will be runned on all architectures.