[Debian-med-packaging] Samtools fails to build on several architectures [noreply at buildd.debian.org: failed i386 build of samtools 1.0-1]

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Sep 23 10:17:47 UTC 2014

Le Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:52:05AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> However, after looking into the build-log (I copied it to
> /var/tmp/samtools blends.debian.net) the failures are:
>
> $ grep -B 5 '^\.\. failed' *.build
>
> test_usage_subcommand:
>         samtools stats
>
>         did not have Usage:
> .. failed ...
>

>         usage did not mention samtools stats
> .. failed ...
>

> which sounds pretty basic to me.  I wonder if such things might be
> hidden by the autopkgtest approach since I have no idea whether
> autopkgtest will be runned on all architectures.

Well, last Monday I spent more than 3 hours trying to understand the problem by
adding debug messages in the test script, and found no explanation for the
failure.  When I added something like “print `samtools stats`”, it showed that
in the sbuild chroot only, the samtools stats command behaves as if it were
invoked with a file in the argument, except that it analysed no data.  See the
following email for details.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2014-September/029476.html

Cheers,

--