[Debian-med-packaging] Samtools fails to build on several architectures [noreply at buildd.debian.org: failed i386 build of samtools 1.0-1]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Sep 23 11:29:56 UTC 2014

Hi folks on debian-mentors,

Charles Plessy uncovered a very strange difference when building
samtools either using pbuilder or sbuild and it remains totally unclear
to us how this might happen.  Please see his mail[1] linked below.

I also noticed that while the autobuild on i386 shows a very different
number of failed tests than if you run pdebuild on a local i386
machine[2].  The specific error on i386 sounds so untypical for an
architecture difference:

      did not have Usage:
      usage did not mention samtools stats

that it smells like something would went really wrong here.  Any hint
would be welcome.

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2014-September/029476.html
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2014-September/029750.html