[Debian-med-packaging] plip_1.1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Alex Mestiashvili alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Mon Aug 10 14:04:03 UTC 2015

On 08/01/2015 12:00 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> sorry, but this:
>  "Redistribution of modified data files using the same
>  file name as is on the FTP server is prohibited."
> doesn't look good.
>
>   Thorsten
>
> ===
>
> Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
> your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
> concerns.

Hi All,

the license text was actually taken from a package already in the
distribution:

 http://codesearch.debian.net/results/path%3Adebian%2Fcopyright%20file%20name%20as%20is%20on%20the%20FTP%20server%20is%20prohibited./page_0

Also, a lot of packages have pdb files, though the d/copyright doesn't
state the explicit license for these files in most cases.

My understanding is that the Worldwide Protein Data Bank [0] is the
common place for all ( or almost all ) available pdb files. In such case
the PDB license applies to all pdb files available via debian packages,
and either it makes all these packages non-free or I am very wrong
here :)

Thank you,
Alex

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_Protein_Data_Bank