[Debian-med-packaging] [noreply at release.debian.org: python-mne is marked for autoremoval from testing]

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Mon Aug 24 09:33:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:13:19AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> do you seen any chance to port python-mne to vtk6.  It seems we will not
> manage to keep two vtk versions alive in this transition.  Please port
> python-mne as soon as possible.

Quick feedback: At Debconf I talked with Anton Gladky, who maintains
VTK, about this. Most likely, we will have to keep VTK5 for a while.
One reason is the Qt5 issue. VTK6 will force Qt5 and many tools are not
yet in shape for that.

While porting Qt4 -> Qt5 is much easier than Qt3 -> Qt4, libraries are
still an issue. For example, libqwt still has no Qt5 port. Consequently,
packages like fslview cannot transition to VTK6 at this point.

Michael