[Debian-med-packaging] Please use release tags for vcflib

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Feb 1 13:37:22 UTC 2015

Hi Erik,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team which intends to
package all free software relevant for biological research right into
official Debian[0].  Your vcflib[1] came into our focus since it is a
precondition for freebayes[2].  It would be helpful if you would
consider some proper version tagging of vcflib to let us know what
you are considering as a stable release as well as let our sentinel
detect potential new version of this library.

Thanks for providing vcflib as free software

     Andreas.

[0] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio
[1] https://github.com/ekg/vcflib
[2] https://github.com/ekg/freebayes