[Debian-med-packaging] barrnap-data-nonfree_0.5-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Sascha Steinbiss sascha at steinbiss.name
Mon Feb 9 04:52:10 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your email, let me clarify. To obtain permission to
redistribute the files derived from non-free data, I have been in
contact with the license holders. Prof. Frank Oliver Gloeckner, who is
in charge of the database (SILVA) which holds the original data the
non-free models are derived from. Here's a quote from his original email
(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/11/msg00102.html):

"[...] We discussed it and in general we agree that the HMM profiles
 derived from LSURef_115_tax_silva_full_align_trunc.fasta can be
 distributed.
 But we would like to ask you to clearly indicate that the profiles are
 only free for non-commercial usage, commercial users need a licence.
 The easiest approach is to add a reference to the SILVA terms of
 license assigned to the software/profile. [...]"

That's what I did in this package, but I will be happy to extend the
copyright file to include this information if required.

Thanks
Sascha