[Debian-med-packaging] barrnap-data-nonfree_0.5-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thorsten Alteholz alteholz at debian.org
Thu Feb 12 18:53:11 UTC 2015

Hi Sascha,

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> That's what I did in this package, but I will be happy to extend the
> copyright file to include this information if required.

the file LICENSE.SILVA is rather detailed about the SILVA license and
leaves no doubt. From my point of view the terms of this license don't
need any extra clarification.
If upstream really wants to allow redistribution of these files, they
should have choosen a different wording.

As you wrote somewhere else in the thread you mentioned, that barrnap is
not useable without these profiles, I assume that barrnap can be rejected
as well, right?

   Thorsten