[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding vsearch_1.0.7+dfsg-1_amd64.changes

Tim Booth avarus at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 31 22:24:25 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten,

There is some incomplete description in README.md.  All the files aside
from simm are from public repositories and as they are all natural DNA
sequences I don't think they can be copyrighted and therefore do not
have a license associated.

In more detail -
Rfam =  http://rfam.xfam.org/
BioMarKs = http://www.biomarks.eu/
PR2 = http://ssu-rrna.org/
AF091148 = from EMBL-Bank
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/dbfetch/emblfetch?style=html&Submit=Go&id=AF091148

simm = ?not sure - looks like simulated randomised data, presumably
generated by the authors for testing.

Note that these are not needed for the software to function but are
useful for testing.

Cheers,

TIM

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015, at 06:36 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I didn't find any licenses for the data files. Do you have any link where
> I can find more information?
>
> Thanks!
>  Thorsten

Of course I'm a technophobe; I program computers for a living!