[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding vsearch_1.0.7+dfsg-1_amd64.changes

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sat Jan 31 22:34:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:24:25PM +0000, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> There is some incomplete description in README.md.  All the files aside
> from simm are from public repositories and as they are all natural DNA
> sequences I don't think they can be copyrighted and therefore do not
> have a license associated.
>
> In more detail -
> Rfam =  http://rfam.xfam.org/
> BioMarKs = http://www.biomarks.eu/
> PR2 = http://ssu-rrna.org/
> AF091148 = from EMBL-Bank
> http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/dbfetch/emblfetch?style=html&Submit=Go&id=AF091148
>
> simm = ?not sure - looks like simulated randomised data, presumably
> generated by the authors for testing.
>
> Note that these are not needed for the software to function but are
> useful for testing.

Just reading again what I wrote in README.source:

  Files: data/*
  The files and their origin are described in data/README.md

I remember that I was hoping that this is "sufficient" documentation
(compared what we are doing in some R packages).  If we should add the
information given by Tim above to this file I'd happily do so.

Thanks for your fast-processing of our sprint results.  python-screed
would be also a nice thing to have as precondition for some further
work.

Kind regards from Saint Malo

        Andreas.