[Debian-med-packaging] Droping symbols file from staden-io-lib?

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Tue Jul 7 08:09:36 UTC 2015

Le Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 04:44:21PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> BTW, I also wanted to update bedtools but I stumbled upon the different
> Git workflow.  Could you please update my poor mind where the according
> workflow is documented?

Hi Andreas,

for the moment, it is documented that it is not documented...

    For some projects, like the ones hosted on GitHub or Gitorious, it may be
    easier to forward changes made in the Debian package if this one is itself
    mirrored on the same platform, as a clone. In that case, the layouts may vary
    from package to packages, and the branch that contains the Debian work will
    probably not be the master one. If it is not the default branch, It must be
    indicated in the VCS URL with the -b option.

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#git-without-tarball

The way I work on bedtools is:

 - in the master branch, pull the upstream master branch and its tags.

    git pull https://github.com/arq5x/bedtools2 --tags

 - download the upstream tarball

    uscan --force-download

 - Register the upstream tarball in the pristine-tar branch directly with
   the pristine-tar command directly.

   pristine-tar ../bedtools_2.24.0.orig.tar.gz v2.24.0

 - Merge the tag in the debian/unstable branch

    git checkout debian/unstable ; git merge v2.24.0

 - Update the packaging files, build with dpgk-buildpackage or gbp.

 - Commit, push.

Whenever there are chances that I may have changes to propose upstream via
pull requests on GitHub, I prefer this workflow.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy