[Debian-med-packaging] Git workflow issues (Was: Droping symbols file from staden-io-lib?)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jul 7 11:40:54 UTC 2015

Hi Charles,

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 08:05:13PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Strange: on my computer it works fine...  I am not sure where to start the
> troubleshooting.  Do you have some global configuration for git-buildpackage or
> git that would interfere in some way ?

Good catch.  If I move my ~/.gitconfig away it works.  May be it is the pull
paragraph in:

[user]
        name = Andreas Tille
        email = tille at debian.org
[gc]
        auto = 1
[push]
        default = matching

# Keeping commit history in order (== git pull --rebase)
[pull]
        rebase = true

# see http://peter.eisentraut.org/blog/2014/11/04/checking-whitespace-with-git/
[alias]
    check-whitespace = !git diff-tree --check $(git hash-object -t tree /dev/null) HEAD

> By the way, the "checkout master" command is important: the default branch in
> our git repositories is always the branch containing the package being prepared
> for Unstable, and while in the gbp workflow it is master, here it is
> debian/unstable.

So my gut feeling was right at least in this respect. :-)  I added the hints
you gave and will keep on with your workflow.