[Debian-med-packaging] New version of ABySS

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Jul 16 05:41:24 UTC 2015

Hi Shaun,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 02:04:47PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:

> I’m afraid that I no longer frequently use Debian, as my current work place uses CentOS. I still prefer Debian, but I have little influence over this choice.

I know this situation.  Just keep on showing the people in charge what
we could deliver:

    http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio

> So I will no longer maintain the Debian ABySS package.

OK.

> I do incidentally maintain the Homebrew formula for ABySS. That formula could be a good reference when updating the Debian package.

Hmmm, I can't parse this - what is the Homebrew formula and how can
it be used as reference?

> The Expat license for debian/* sounds good to me.

OK, applied.

> DIALIGN is no longer used by ABySS. I’ve asked the current maintainer to remove it for the next release.

Good - so I'll leave everything as is since it will be cured
automatically later.

> I’d prefer a free license for ABySS, but I’m not the sole copyright holder. It may happen one day. I’ll keep trying.

Good luck with this.  If you think it might be promising give us some
e-mail address of a responsible person (Patrick Rebstein?) and we'll try
from the Debian side as well.

Thanks for the helpful information