[Debian-med-packaging] Aegean and barrnap in Debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jul 28 17:57:58 UTC 2015

Hi Sascha,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 06:49:24PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:

> Yes, I have seen that they were finally accepted after hanging in NEW for ages.

Well, the aceptance time can be qualifies as "undetermined".  I just had
some packages with fast-processing.  So the good thing is that it ended
up in unstable finally.  I guess the only way to change this is to
volunteer doing ftpmaster work ...

> DM upload permissions would be great indeed :)

Done.

> > Just tell me if I should care for the upload
> > of new versions if you are currently busy since I have some spare
> > time cycles remaining.
>
> I have actually almost finished updating aegean to 0.13 today, all that’s missing is adding some new binaries.
> Stay tuned for an upcoming svn commit.

Cool!

> As far as barrnap is concerned, I have just spoken to Torsten Seemann, the upstream author. He is currently visiting our group at Sanger, and he happily agreed to take care of removing the annoying license issue for the SILVA derived HMMs. Also see https://github.com/tseemann/barrnap/issues/13. I’d say that’s good news!

Definitely.  Its also a good sign that we have some influence on
upstream (I wished this would happen even more often).

> Hence I will just update the current barrnap package to not suggest the non-existent non-free package any more and to reflect the current git release (0.7).

OK.

> Thanks for the reminder — I will commit my updates to svn once they are done (after dinner ;))

Have a nice dinner

     Andreas.

PS: I wonder whether Jorge is working on fastaq which is lagging
    behind upstream a lot.